Friday 18 March 2011

Preparations for Israel

On Sunday I will be leaving for a 12 day pilgrimage to Israel. We are a group of 34 in total including Fr. Scott Young and myself as the tour leaders. This will be my 7th time in Israel. It is always a privilege to journey with fellow pilgrims to these places where our faith truly comes alive. Perhaps one of the best perks of traveling with a group Fr. Scott and I organize is the pilgrims prayer book we offer. This booklet (76 pages) includes prayers, reflections, and songs we sing during the different moments of prayer as we visit the sites in the Holy Land. Last night I finished the technical task of printing and collating the pilgrim books for this year's trip and delivered them to Staples for binding. I also finished the main presider's book and "lectionary" we will use for the daily masses which we celebrate. I have to say - it was a relief to get that done - even if it meant I did not get out to a pub on St. Paddy's day! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment