Saturday 12 March 2011

LifeTeen - A Night on St. Patrick

This evening's LifeNight was on St. Patrick. A saint born in Scotland - can you believe that?!? Patrick was a mighty man of prayer, one who trusted in God's plan for his life, and used cultural symbols to evangelize and spread the Gospel Message. (Patrick used the shamrock in his teaching on the Trinity - 3 persons - 1 God.) One of my reflections with the Grade 12 small group was how God's Pan for our lives is often manifested in the his providence. In the gifts and talents that God gives me, and the people who God places in my life to affect me and effect change within me.
I conclude with a prayer often called the breast plate of St. Patrick:
Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in the hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment