Tuesday 5 July 2011

HolyDays Summer Day Camp

What an awesome couple of days!
Our Summer Day camp has begun - and this week we have 68 campers!  On the first day everyone got used to the daily schedule. Each day begins with  a scripture reading - which is consistent throughout the week... this week it is John 13:34-35 - "Love one another as I have loved you!"  Then there is a camp prayer and we sing a song of praise and worship.  While each camper has a "homeroom" they quickly came to realize that they would be able to choose their activities in each of the 4 daily activity periods!  We even have guest activity period leaders! Fr. Sherwin taught Rosary making on Monday morning! 


Today I was one of the activity leaders! This afternoon I taught the campers my secret Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! (Actually it belonged to Sr. Carmelita - she taught me while I was in the Seminary years ago!)  One lesson learned was that you get flour on your T-shirt when you mix the batter to quickly! It was great working with 12 senior campers and almost 30 junior campers baking cookies... I know that they also enjoyed receiving a copy of the recipe - so they can teach their parents at home!


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment