Tuesday 27 November 2012

Terrific Tuesday

Yesterday we had the Funeral of Victor Carnavale - a faithful parishioner with his wife Josie, a Knight of Columbus and an Usher at the 10 am Mass. Victor was remembered as a man of faith and "Mr. Fix It!"  He worked for Ford Motors, and would fix electrrical problems on cars that came off the assembly line.  In the last 5 weeks he learned that he had cancer - in many places in his body. The funeral rites of our church are powerful and comforting.  I continue to pray for Josie, who met Victor after her first husband, and his first wife had died.  Josie also a son - Gus - in a tragic accident in 1993.

Tuesday has been a full day - and there is still more on my calendar! This morning in period 1 of St. Michael's (8:15-9:35) I spoke to a class of grade 12 students on the Sacrament of Marriage.  I did the same thing in Period 4 (1:00 - 2:15) - both classes are taught by Mr. Brooks - a terrific new religion teacher at St. Michael's. He is the son of a religion teacher I have known (Mary Connor-Brooks) for almost 20 years - since I was an associate pastor at St. Jerome's Parish in Brampton!  My hope is that the students will remember that as a Catholic - they need to come to the church for their marriage - when ever that is in the future!

Then I had a friend drive by with her new Fiat car - Roberta is a consultant with Peel Children's Centre, and was up in Bolton to attend the Caledon Parent Child Centre 25th Anniversary Open House this afternoon!  She often has families that she serves here in Bolton.

After a Baptism interview this afternoon - I have a CCS Board Meeting this evening!  I have to say I have become quite learned in Local Health Integration Networks over the past year and a bit that I have been on the CCS Board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment