Friday 9 November 2012

OLC and Vacation

Greetings from France. I am on my way to Moracco for a week of holidays with my Dad and Fr. Scott. I will be back in the parish Friday Nov. 16, hopefully awake long enough for Edge.

Some neat things happened this week!

  1. Last week I dog-sat "Cocoa" for my friend Maureen Schemitsch while she and her Mom and her son, my Godson Thomas Schemitsch were in Sudbury. Thomas' hockey team - the Titan's - won the Big Nickel hockey tournament and Thomas was named MVP of the tournament. (Thomas' older brother is Geoffery who plays in the OHL for the Oshawa Generals.
  2. Our OLC conference went terrifically well this week. Jerry Galipeau was a terrific presenter - who helped us consider how we need to shift our thinking on sacramental preparation - to initiation - which is formation in a way of life - not simply teaching of doctrine. 
  3. St. Michael Catholic Secondary school had their awards ceremony last night - and Julia Coffa won the Holy Family parish award for her involvement at St. Michael's and the parish in the past year!  Congrats Julia. 
  4. I received word just last night as I was boarding the plane that CCS is starting the renovation work on the Exchange - the new poverty reduction - food support program I spoke about here last week.
I again urge you to buy a ticket for the Red Hot Gala - on the night of the 17th to support the very good work CCS does!

Peace. Fr. Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment