Tuesday 28 June 2011

Caledon Community Services

In the last year I have become more and more involved in Caledon Community Services (CCS) and the work that they do.  While I was aware of the immediate support / Santa Fund / food / crisis / and employment work with Jobs Ontario - I was not aware of all the other work that CCS does - including Transportation, Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada, etc.  I was asked to be part of the Caledon Homelessness Partnership Strategy Committee and look at ways of raising awareness of this issue in our community. One of the products of this Committee's work was the Homelessness Forum in February 2011, and recently a report on the picture of Homelessness was released.  We have a link - on the Quick links tab on the Parish Website "Homelessness in Caledon" - check it out!
As part of this monthly involvement - I was asked to consider being on the Board for CCS.  After some thoughts on this matter - I agreed and tonight I will be "elected as a member of the Board of CCS at the Annual General Meeting (which I will miss most of - due to graduation for Pope John Paul II Catholic Elementary School!)
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment