Tuesday 21 April 2020

Divine Mercy


How to approach this Sunday in light of the current Pandemic and the restrictions on Parish church closures. 
Do these three things on Divine Mercy Sunday 
with the intention to turn away from sin in your life:
1. Make an Act of Contrition
Since you are unable to get to Confession, make an Act of Contrition, instead. 
As the Catechism of the Catholic Church states, “Among the penitent's acts contrition occupies first place. Contrition is 'sorrow of the soul and detestation for the sin committed, together with the resolution not to sin again'" (1451).
You thereby will be completely forgiven of all sins, even “mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible” (Catechism, 1452).  

2. Make a Spiritual Communion
Since churches are closed and you cannot receive Holy Communion, make a Spiritual Communion instead, asking God to come into your heart as if you received Him sacramentally. For instance, you can say this: Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You were already there, I embrace You and unite myself to You; permit not that I should ever be separated from You. Amen. 
Again, do this act of trust with the intent to return to the sacrament of Holy Communion as soon as possible.  

3.    Finally – Say a Prayer like this:
Lord Jesus Christ, You promised St. Faustina that the soul 
that has been to Confession 
[I’m unable, but I made an Act of Contrition] 
and the soul that receives Holy Communion 
[I’m unable, but I made a Spiritual Communion] 
will receive the complete forgiveness of all sins and punishment. 
Please, Lord Jesus Christ, give me this grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment