Saturday 16 July 2016

Praying for France and Nice

For the 2nd Friday in a row I woke up to horrible news of a violent incident the night before. Last week the shooting in Dallas, and this week the terror in Nice, France. 

It was 5 years ago I was in a different part of France for Bastille Day (I had no Idea I would be there on what is considered their national day.) I was just finishing dinner in a cafe and heard fireworks, and headed to the riverfront in Lyon, and saw a beautiful fireworks display. 



It was so natural for a group of people - young and old - to stand by the waterfront and watch the Fireworks - is that not the case here in Canada too!?  On Ontario Today - CBC's noon time call in show - the question they asked: "How do we feel a connection to others?" From Orlando to Iraq, from Dallas to Nice, how does one empathize with some victims more than others? I definitley feel a kinship with those in Nice, France today, and hold them in prayer as they suffer and mourn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment