Saturday 13 June 2015

James Axford - Rest in Peace

I have no recollection that I ever had a class mate die when I was in Secondary School. Yet I felt like I was back in High School this week as our community - St. Michael's Secondary School Graduates and staff, and friends in the parish mourned the loss of James Axford. Here is the obituary published in the Toronto Star this week:

JAMES THOMAS AXFORD Grade 12 student at St. Michael CSS Peacefully in his sleep, at his home, Bolton, on Saturday, June 6, 2015, James Thomas Axford, at the age of 18 years, adored son of Darryl and Delia. Magnificent brother of Cameron. Cherished grandson of Floyd and Sharon Axford, Roy and Rose McCormick. Survived by many aunts, uncles and cousins. Special friend of Carly. Fondly remembered by his many friends.

James was remembered as a Kind, good hearted, generous young man. Bright - not just academically - but also one to brighten up a room.  He once remarked to his Dad - while cutting sandwiches for lunches - that he felt Triangular food tastes better. I agree, said his dad - Doritos are better than pringles!

Sandwich on James - Sandwich On!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment