Friday 5 June 2015

Answers to Questions

Since I asked the Questions last Sunday:

3 Essential Questions that we as Church need to help people answer:

Why do you believe in God?  
  • VS Atheism – where people say that there are "No absolute truths!" and yet that itself is offered as an absolute!
Why do you Believe in Jesus Christ?
  • VS a different religion – Muslim / Jewish / Hindu etc.
Why do you believe in the Catholic Church?
  • VS another Christian Denomination - or a non denominational church.
Some answers I have received are:
#1 stars, northern lights dancing, oceans even on cold rainy days, a deep peace during times of pain;

# 2 the incarnation of God with us, the resurrection;

#3 I believe in the one holy catholic apostolic church because it is our roots,  I choose to be RC because it is home - not perfect but definitely home.
"The only possible answer to this question is that I believe in its golden ribbon of truth weaving through ages of my life and spanning back throughout the ages  to the time of the Apostles.  I am rooted in this faith and I will abide in the teaching of God and as a sinner I am still a proud Catholic and I believe in our faith and I believe in our Pope and I wake up every morning and try to live in closeness to Christ."

Feel free to send me your answers! 
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment