Tuesday 24 February 2015

February 24 - God's Word

" ... It shall accomplish that which I purpose,..."
Isaiah 55:11

We know that Jesus is the eternal Word, the Word made flesh, who dwelt among us.  Jesus is the fulfillment of all the prophets and promises in the Jewish Scriptures. The long awaited promise of the Father. Some 600 years before Jesus was Born - the Prophet Isaiah was proclaiming a promised Word that would accomplish all that God desired!
Thus says the Lord, your God:For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,and do not return there until they have watered the earth,making it bring forth and sprout,giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
 As we Pray, as we Fast, and as we Give during this season of Lent, we are allowing the Word - Jesus Christ - to accomplish much in us... that which God Purposes.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment