Sunday 2 November 2014

National Liturgy Conference - St. John's Newfoundland

From Monday - Wednesday this week I attended the National Liturgy Conference in St. John's Newfoundland. 

I have been a Member at Large of the Ontario Liturgical Conference for a number of years, and as such have attended  meatings that this group (an advisory body to the Bishops of Ontario on liturgical matters) has on an annual basis.  Every 3 years there is a National meeting - which rotates location through the 3 english speaking Zones in the country (West, Ontario, Atlantic).

This year's topic was "Funerals and Weddings as moments of Evangelization".  One of the Speakers was Fr. James Mallon who has done a lot of work on the topic of Evangelization in the last few years. He is a priest of the Archdiocese of Halifax, and was just starting at St. Augustine's Seminary when I was in my final year of studies.  Another presenter was Ann Walsh - who I have worked with on Conferences on RCIA.

It was so good to be able to meet with many people who I have come to know across the country - who all have a desire to celebrate the Church's Liturgy well!

Some pictures of time exploring Newfoundland:

Signal Hill - In the Fog!

Atlantic Ocean Start to the Mrathon of Hope - Terry Fox Memorial

The Basilica of St. John the Baptist

Redemptorist Mission Cross in the Basilica - Made of wood from Ieper, Belgium
I was in Ieper this past Fall, and there are many tales of the bravery of NFLD soldiers in WW1 

Not entirely healthy - but completely delicious!

Stephanie appreciated that I had my Holydays Jacket on
when I visited the most Easterly Point of North America!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment