Tuesday 25 February 2014

New Cardinals - Song Translation

In my last post - I put up a link to the YouTube video of the Archbishop of Managua in Nicaragua leaving to Rome for the consistory this past Saturday.  I heard about this video from one of my Chicago 6 colleagues (Rita Ferrone).  She was wondering what the music was in the background of the video - well I asked our Spanish Prayer group ladies about it - and here is the translation of the Song that they were able to come up with!

TAKE MY NEW LIFE
My Lord, take my new life,Before the expected ageWares down my years.I ‘m  ready to goNo  matter where you send me You, call me to serve!
   Refrain   Lead me to the places    where people need your words,   Where they need a reason to leave.   Where there is no hope,   And despair surrounds all,   Just because,    They don’t know you.
I give you, a sincere heart,To shout without fearThe wonder of Your Love!My Lord, I have a missionary soulConduct me to the land That desperately thirsts for you.
   And so, along the way, I’ll sing   I’ll preach by Towns   Your Grandeur my Lord,   I’ll have my arms without tiredness   Your story on my lips,   Your strength on my prayer.
What wonderful words eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment