Wednesday 20 November 2013

My own Crazy Train

While I still have to tell my friends and relatives from outside of Canada that I am near Toronto - not in Toronto - and he is not my Mayor, I have been living my own crazy week or so!

The news that everyone knows now - Fr. Damian is leaving to be Pastor of St. Monica's Parish - was weighing on my mind as I went up to the Ontario Liturgical Conference from Tuesday to Thursday last week.  It was held in Sudbury, and I was on the Organizing Committee for the conference portion of the event - which was on the topic of "Changing Trends and the Order of Christian Funerals."  I was also a presenter for one section of the agenda - The Art of the Presider and relationships with Funeral Homes.

On the way home - I was pondering how utterly exhausted I was - when my car broke down on Highway 400 & Hwy 12 - near Wabashene. The vehicle lost power, was sluggish, and the check engine light was on.  I spoke with Fr. Damian - my go to guy for car stuff, and saw that my heat gauge was on H so he said not to drive it, to have it towed.  So thankfully the passenger in my car had CAA Gold - and I was able to get a tow to Barrie, to a Ford Dealer.  
I rented a car in Barrie to continue my trip home, where Fr. Damian said there was no hot water nor heat in the rectory! I was home around 7 pm (only 3.5 hours later than I expected!)

We called for a hot water repair (We did have issues with the tank's Gas valve in the summer) and that repair man inspected the Gas Meter - where the Gas was turned off.  The meter was replaced on Wednesday, and no one was home - so they could not restart / inspect the Gas appliances... so they left the Gas off!
I now had to wait for an inspector from the Gas Meter replacement Company to come... that was within 1 hour thankfully, and he checked the water tank pressure release valve, which leaked for a short time but eventually stopped before he left and all was well.

I got a call from the Ford dealership Friday Morning that it was the Radiator which had a hole - and there was no coolant.  So $700.00 later there is a new rad and I go back to Barrie to drop off the rental, and pick up my repaired vehicle.

Friday night, after the Edge, I came home - and the entire carpet was soaked in the basement - where my room is!  The pressure release valve from the hot water tank seems to have released!  It took some time mopping, and squeezing and lifting the carpet to get things cleaned up... but now everything has reset!

So far this week is going much better!

Look forward to seeing many people at the farewell for Fr. Damian on Sunday Nov. 24 at 3-5 PM.
Peace

1 comment:

  1. tanie damskie gucci, łącząc elegancki styl i najnowocześniejszą technologię, różnorodność stylów tanie gucci szyja, wskaźnik przechodzi między Twoim ekskluzywnym stylem smaku.

    ReplyDelete