Monday 4 November 2013

4 Mondays in a Row

Today marks 4 Mondays in a row that I have not had a regular day off! I am not complaining - even though it sounds like it! This came to mind when one of the staff that asked me about this - as I was asking him to put the Paschal Candle in the centre of the church - in front of the Altar, preparing for the Funeral of Maria Grguric on  Monday Morning. Fr. Damian takes so little time off - I am glad he is enjoying a small amount of time off.  It also expalins why I don't worry about the extra day or two often tacked on to a holiday - before returning home. 
Less than two weeks ago I was at St. Michael's Secondary School for the Awards night - and I neglected to write up some of the awards here!  Our Holy Family Parish Award went to Asia Grzesiuk who not only attends LifeTeen weekly - but also is involved as a CORE team member for our EDGE program! 
The Catholic Leadership Award was given to Lexi Hesketh-Pavilons who went on the Dominican Mission Trip last year.  
Nicholas Chrobok won the grade 10 Highest average award, as well as taking subject awards in 8 different courses! Impressive!


The Religion department head seemed genuinely surprised when I told her that I never went to an awards night when I was in High School.  I was no where close to being on the Honour Roll!

Congrats to all the winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment