Tuesday 16 July 2013

Busy Days

The past week has been full on! After a couple of days in the US doing some "retail therapy", I came back to see Holydays continuing strong, we had a Rooted session (for those in grades 3, 4, & 5) on Saturday Morning, and we had our Parish Picnic on Sunday afternoon.
Rooted was a great time - were we watched the Veggie Tales version of Jonah and the Whale.  I have to say that Veggie Tales does a great job of telling the Biblical story (with modern components) and at the same time helping the viewer - usually children - take home a lesson too!

I had heard that we were late in booking the traditional Parish Picnic site (in Palgrave) this year - and so we lost it...  but I think that might have been a great benefit ... because I heard lots of great things from everyone at the Picnic about what a great site Cold Creek Conservation Area was.  And I agreed!  It was a great afternoon, of fun, fellowship and food!

This week I celebrate my 50th natal Anniversary!  On August the 4th I will celebrate 50 years as a Catholic!  While my birth gave me life - the greatest gift I think my parents did for me - was to have me Baptised. That opened the doors to eternal life!
In the midst of the parish community I look forward to celebrating this anniversary - and invite you to ponder the gift of your own Baptism.  Who would have been there?  Are you the Oldest? The Youngest? Were there Aunts and Uncles present? Was your Mother there? (Sometimes Moms were still at home recovering, and that is why God Mothers often held the child for Baptism!)  Who are your Godparents?
What has been different for you because of Baptism?  What difference has Baptism made in your life?  
So instead of some candles on a cake - I invite us all to ponder Christ - the meaning behind all candles - the Light of the world!
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment