Thursday 11 October 2012

Harmony in Action

Wednesday and Thursday of last week I spent some time at a conference called "Harmony in Action" Compassion and Reconciliation conference.



I was a guest of the organizer - Hon. Paul Hellyer, a former MP for Trinity- Spadina and deputy PM.  There were some very good speakers, but I have to say that the Favourite part for me was meeting a faithful Jewish woman - Fredelle.  We were at the same table and so we had some great conversations among just a few of us - She spoke about how hard it was to be a person of faith in our world today.  I agreed with her - about how much our world wands to put people of faith on the margins, and any attempt engage the society by a person speaking from a faith perspective is ridiculed.


Earlier this week I learned that Michael Coren has written a new book - Heresy: 10 Lies they spread about Christianity, and I heard Michael interviewed on CBC on Thanksgiving Monday (as I was on my way to my Godson's Hockey game in Oshawa). In the interview Michael spoke about the marginalization of religious thought in our society today. Interesting convergence...
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment