Wednesday 15 August 2012

Ribs and a Lake tour!

My Brother has a Cottage, a Garage, a Bunkhouse, and his own home on one large property on the Sharbot Lake mainland. Tuesday afternoon we took the family that is renting my brother's cottage on a tour of the Lake. Chris and Dad do something thing like this on Canada day each year, as sort of a public service for the township celebrations. So they have a bit of a narration down pat. I learned that a body of land surrounded by water and with 2 or more trees is  an island. If there is only one tree - it is called an islet. Sharbot lake has 99 islands and one islet!  My Dad's cottage is on an island - Leger Island! Named so around 2001 when the 911 system required islands to be properly named (it used to be called Island B).

Tuesday night we had Ribs and corn on the cob! A great cottage meal. You can see my Dad's Buttertarts in there too! Wednesday I head back to Bolton - but not until I play a round of golf with dad at his club - men's day!
Here are some of the cottages we stayed in over the years before we purchased our own cottage.

Allen's Cottage on Craig's Island 

Cooke's Cottage

Romaniuk's Cottage - we leased this for 6 years while they went to Western Canada
 Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment