Tuesday 14 August 2012

Delights and dangers at the cottage

Just sitting down to a nice lunch of freshly caught bass. 3 1/2 year old Michael has been quite the fisherman!
There are 4 S's at the lake:

  1. Swimming - always a great thing. To take a run off the dock and dive into the lake is refreshing and feels so much more natural than the chlorine stuffed feel of the pool at a hotel!
  2. Star gazing - It is never so dark, and hence never so bright, on the boat in the middle of the lake on an August night at 11:30 pm.  With so little "light pollution" you can see the ocean of stars in the sky, and clearly see the milky way! It brings to mind the promise of God to Abraham in Genesis 15:5 - to make his descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky!
  3. Sleeping in - this is a habit from my youth that I like to indulge in!  The slower pace - the simplicity and solitude mean that sleeping in is easy and a delight.
    It was made easier after getting back to my Dad's cottage from my brother's place around midnight after watching the movie "The Way". Each time I watch the movie - I see new things!
  4. And now for the danger - the Satellite. My dad has Bell's Expressview satellite at the cottage - and after sleeping in - I could watch the TODAY Show (something I rarely get to do) 3 hours later on "time shift" on the Seattle NBC station. The danger is that you get their weather forecast - and could think that after the fog burns off, it will be sunny and 80 degrees by noon! 
Peace.
Chris and Michael - The real Fishermen!
Chris's Bunkhouse
Dad's Cottage - with a new hand rail for the oldest Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment