Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pentecost 2012

I know its been some time since I posted, sorry about that!
On the Holiday Monday my Dad and a friend he is traveling with to Ireland arrived at the rectory in the late afternoon, and I drove them to the airport.  Then I went up to Alliston for the Annual Priests' Retreat.  Half of the priests go on week one - and the other half go on week two.  I was on week 2 - which was lead by Bishop Michael Miller, the Archbishop  of Vancouver.  He reflected on the priest as sanctifier, prophet, and shepherd.  He also spoke on the promises of Celibacy, Simplicity, and Obedience.  In some ways it did not feel like a real retreat because I still had to travel back to the parish for the celebrations of Confirmation on Tuesday and Wednesday evening.  
Thursday Morning Cardinal Collins updated the priests on the Bill 13 and issues around anti-bullying in the province and the Church's concerns with this current Bill.  Are Catholic School boards being bullied by the Provincial Government?
You can read the full text of the Cardinal's letter here.


The retreat ended Thursday with lunch, and I was back in Bolton in time for Judith Smillie's funeral at Egan's Funeral Home. A poignant and difficult time for all the staff at Egan's as well as for Judith's family.



On Pentecost - I wanted to take pictures before Mass of all the people wearing red!  Way to go folks!  Many of you remembered!  I am already looking forward to next year!


This is a busy week ahead!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment