Thursday 5 January 2012

A New Calendar Year

It has been over a week since I posted on the Blog! 
(I got heck from Stephanie!)  
I would describe this past week or 10 days in terms of a traffic report: Stop and Go!
There have been quiet times - and relaxing moments, and at the same time there have been hectic times.  We have had 3 funerals in the past 2 weeks - and I know that while it is hard to experience loss at any time, it seems particularly hard around this time of year because so many people are celebrating the festivities!  I was also very pleased with our celebration of Holy Family Feast Day Mass, and the individual blessing of families.  I think that the morning time for Mass was perfect - and that the fellowship in the parish hall afterwards was also great.
I was able to spend some time with my Family.  I traveled to Kingston (where my Dad lives) on Christmas afternoon with my sister, brother in Law, and nephew. There we met up with my brother and his wife and their son.  We had a wonderful meal, and exchanged presents, and my brother and I stayed up late,  catching up and simply talking (and drinking some of Dad's wine!).
Boxing Day - I purchased a Flat Screen TV (Finally!) but it was too big to fit in the car with my Sister and Family - so I left it in Kingston and my Dad brought it down when he came to Toronto on Friday... Friday evening (coincidentally on the feast of the Holy Family!) I cooked dinner for Dad, Julie, Ian, Gabriel and a friend. Ian helped with the TV set-up and now I am living in a flat screen world! 
New Years Eve saw me with my friend Maureen and her family - instead of driving with Operation Red Nose.  I thought that since January 1st was on a Sunday this year - that we should have the full mass schedule - and I could not stay out to 4:00 am like I did last year with Operation Red Nose.  I don't think we needed that 8:30 am mass after all... Oh Well..


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment