Thursday 19 January 2012

Busted!

Monday Morning - after sleeping in - I was on the phone with my Brother in Law - who is my Tech Guru - trying to set up new security for our WIFI at the rectory.  Eventually we were able to set up a new password - but not at the highest priority - so I have to make another phone call later this week... 
Any how - I was planning that evening to go to the Movies with a priest friend - but knew he was not going to be home before 3:30 - so I had a late lunch/snack at McDonalds - and was in the parking lot - parked - playing Scrabble on my new iPad. A police van parked next to me and chirped the Siren.  Even before I looked up - I was thinking: "Hey I am parked - I can use my electronic device!"  Well I didn't have to be defensive after all - it was Chris, our catechumen. A Catechumen is anyone seeking Baptism in the Catholic Church as an Adult, or as a child of a teachable age (seven or so). 
Chris is an OPP Officer, and he was returning from a meeting in Toronto and was picking up Coffee's for his friends in the office... Chris and my Dad agree that the McDonald's Coffee is better than Tim's.  Me - I am a loyal Timmy's fan (even though the cup size names are changing!)  
Chris and I had a delightful conversation for about 20 minutes - then he headed into the "McCafe" and I went down the road to Tim's, got my oil changed in town, and then went to my friend (Fr. Scott's) place, and we headed out to the movies.  We saw Iron Lady.  It was a terrific way of doing a retrospective on the Margaret Thatcher years.   Scott lived in England for a year - working as a bartender in a pub during her first term in office, and was also there for a holiday in the midst of the elections when the Union unrest was happening.  He thought it was a good movie too... We both agreed that Meryl Streep was terrific and earned the Golden Globe Award.


Busy week otherwise with Funerals here and of a friend in my previous parish.  
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment