Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

It's 2:00 pm on Christmas Eve and we are in the "calm before the storm" so to speak!  The  church is decorated, the Banners are up, the poinsettias  are all in place, the Halls are set for the overflow... and all the messages on the answering machine have been cleared.  In my own life - last night was Baking time - making 5 batches of cookies that I give as gifts, take to a friend's house for their annual party after Christmas, and even some to share with the staff these days!  After the Midnight mass tonight - Fr. Sherwin and I will be heading to the Rectory and we will have a beverage, and we will open the presents that are under our tree. 
All of my gift giving to family is wrapped, and everything is packed in boxes and bags for transport on Christmas afternoon.  I will be travelling to Toronto, and then my Brother in Law will be driving to Kingston where we will all meet up at my Dad's house.  I will be in the back seat - snoozing - for the highway trip to Kingston!
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment