Saturday 3 December 2011

Changes are difficult all the way around

I have to confess that I have a new-found respect for all of the priests who are 41+ years ordained.  As I have celebrated Mass this week in different situations (St. John the Baptist School, the parish, with seniors, and a marriage this morning) i have found myself so self conscious of all the little changes in the prayers that I pray - as well as the responses of the people.
And this is really without any change to the structure of Mass.  Those priests who worked through the changes in the late 60's and early 70's had structural and linguistic change to tackle.  God Bless them!!!


I think that slowing down, and being deliberate in the prayers is what will help me as a presider, and I hope will help those who listen to the prayers as they are prayed...
I know that these prayer changes are not easy - yet I also know that we can stick with it!  


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment