Friday 9 September 2011

A New School Year

There are Roman Calendars, Jullian Calendars, Gregorian Calendars, Civil Calendars, and Liturgical Calendarsbut the most powerful of all - it would seem - is the School Year Calendar!  So much of our life is geared to this rhythm and so many programs and events start up at this time.  Even organizations in the Church - like the Knights of Columbus - will call this the beginning of the "Fraternal Year". I have also heard priests talk of the "Pastoral Year" beginning with September!  For us at Holy Family - there is a marked increase in calls, and activities in September - yet I would also say that this year has not seen the "Quiet" summer months (Holydays, Refugee Resettlement, and Edge Summer camp!). 
Yesterday I was at St. Michael's Secondary School, and saw the Principal, and met the new Vice Principal - Derek Ramalho who I have known for over 18 years! Derek was a Teacher at St. Augustine's Secondary School and a Parishioner of St. Jerome's when I was there in my first years of priesthood...
Stephanie and I also had a meeting with Urszula - the School Chaplain, and began planning for the Mass on September 29th, as well as regular Homeroom Masses throughout the year...


Whatever Calendar we are on - September is Busy!
Peace  

No comments:

Post a Comment