Wednesday 14 September 2011

Hockey - Rookie and Training Camps

Well my Godson Geoffrey Schemitsch has spent the last week at Rookie Camp in Tampa Bay with other 2009/2010/2011 Draft Picks that the Lightning have made over the last few years.  He was drafted by the Lightning in 2010, and will continue to play for the Owen Sound Attack this season, unless he makes the NHL Team this September! There is a chance he will stay for the main team training camp: he will learn about this in the next day or two.
New Owen Sound Logo - 2011
I started to get worried that I would not see him play for quite some time - since I seem to have messed up and scheduled Sacramental Meetings on Owen Sound game nights! Imagine that!
But it does look like I will be able to see the game on Thanksgiving Monday afternoon...
Meanwhile his parents this week are in Dublin at a Medical Conference - since Geoffrey's Dad is the head of the Canadian Orthopedic Surgeon's Association. They will be out of the country again in October Over Thanksgiving (when I can go to the game...) So it means I will probably be driving up on my own. 
A simple distraction for a proud Godfather...
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment