Sunday 15 May 2011

Good Shepherd Sunday - OHL Finals & Wedding Celebrations

Brian and Lesley Coronel
Last night I was went to the Reception for Brian and Lesley's Marriage celebration.  I loved that the meal was nice - but restrained - and not an over indulgent food fest.  There was antipasti as guests arrived.  Dinner was a Pasta appetizer, Beef main course, and Sherbet dessert.  The table seating arrangement used "Cake Pops" that Lesley had made to tell people what table they were seated at!


I remember that Lesley had made some of the delightful cake pops for a hospitality Sunday last fall in the Parish.




The 4th Sunday of Easter each year is "Good Shepherd Sunday", and so the Gospel always has a reference to sheep and shepherds.  The interesting thing this year is that in today's Gospel (John 10:1-10) Jesus is referred to as the gate - with no reference as a shepherd.  In March, while I was leading the pilgrimage to Israel, we visited a Kibutz that I mentioned in an earlier blog post:
"We went for Lunch and a first century experience at Kefar Kedeem.  We got dressed in ancient garb, and learned about sowing wheat in a land where you had to trust in God to send rain to make the wheat grow. After baking our own Pita bread, we had a meal of Hummis, salad, chicken breast strips, and lamb Sausage Kebobs."
 It was here that I was able to hold a baby lamb on my shoulders - as if I was a good shepherd!
This afternoon it is off to see Game 7 of the OHL Final with the Owen Sound Attack playing Mississauga St. Mikes Majors!  Go Attack Go!  Actually - I pray for a clean game - with good sportsmanship all around!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment