Thursday 15 December 2016

Supporting Syrian Refugees

Riley is the 3rd from the left in the front row.
Greetings on these cold days in December.
One of our Parishioners - a student from St. Michael's Secondary School - has been on a Travel / Education program for the past 3 Months - and is shortly returning home. Riley Miller and her classmates are responding to the worsening situation in Syria with a crowd funding project.
Here is an email she sent her parents:
Yo! As many of you may or may not have noticed I have been travelling abroad with MEI International Academy for almost 3 months now and the end is quickly approaching, Surprise! I have been blessed to see the most beautiful parts of the world where I started in China and made my way through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand and am currently in Cairns, Australia waiting to depart to Fiji and then home by December 18th. This experience has truly opened my eyes, I’m hoping this post will open yours. We are blessed. When you take a step out of our Canadian bubble you soon realize its more than just 3 bars of wifi you NEED. A bad day isn’t a bad day until you’ve seen little children playing in dirty fountain water with smiles bigger than ours.
Together, as a class of 25 students we hope to raise $25,000 by the 25th of December. AH so many 25’s! We plan to donate this money to a registered Sponsorship Agreement Holder which will support the Syrian refugee crisis, an uprising issue in our world TODAY. I need you to help me. Any little bit would mean the world to me and those you support. Let’s make dreams become realities. The link can be found in my Instagram bio, Facebook, or simply send me a message asking more. Thank you for all of your support! 
Here is the link...
GO FUND ME

Looking forward to seeing Riley again at Mass!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment