Friday 8 May 2015

Back in the Saddle Again!


I like to say that my Holiday was "Terrifically Boring!" By that I mean that I did little but hang by the pool, enjoy the water, the Sun and a few good Novels.  Sleep, Eat, sun, read. Repeat!  It was terrific! I was able to tan - without burning.  One of the highlights for me each time I go to the Island of Maui is that we stay in the same Condo - and it feels like home! 
We attend Mass at St. Theresa's Church in Kehei - and it is a vibrant, engaged community - yet 60-70 % of the people who attend are visitors!  And I think it is terrific how the stable - regular community - is able to welcome, and encourage visitors to be full, conscious, and active participants in the celebration.  Fr. Jim Orsini was the presider both Sunday's we went to Mass - and he had wonderful - inspiring - homilies... And I like to think I packed the Warm Weather we are having with me!

This week we welcomed our Summer Seminarian Intern - Neil Pereira.  He will be involved in Parish Life, Holydays Camp, and Edge Camp... 
Saturday Morning there will be 2 men Ordained to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Toronto! Ricardo Davis and David Twaddle will be Ordained at St. Michael's Cathedral. Click here for more information.

Fr. David Has been away this week - and will be on retreat next week. So I have had a full Schedule - with a few Funerals, and Youth Ministry events.  
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment