Friday 19 December 2014

Lights at the Rectory

In my first year as an associate pastor in Brampton, I learned that Fr. Vid - my Pastor - had arranged for some of his former parishioners to decorate the rectory each year.  The rectory was a regular home in the neighbourhood. There was no church building (we celebrated in a High School Gym) These friends of his would put up an artificial tree, would put garland on the stairwell, etc....
There were never lights outside - on the house. It was always cold outside when they would set up inside - and no one planned far in advance to do things outside! 

Each year Christmas comes - and I think - I need to do something about lights outside the house... and then in January I would be grateful I was not taking down lights!

Finally this year - because of the hard work of Fr. David - we have lights outside the Rectory!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment