Saturday 5 January 2013

Oshawa - Brampton OHL Game

Earlier in December - just at the beginning of the Christmas School Break - my Godson Geoffrey Schemitsch visited LifeTeen for a men's night session.  He shared part of his story, about playing in the OHL - originally for the Owen Sound Attack and now with the Oshawa Generals.  It was a great night.  We started with a workout - and my thighs were still aching 3 days later as I celebrated Christmas Eve Masses!
This past Thursday - Oshawa was playing in Brampton - and so a few of us headed down to Brampton to cheer on the Generals and Geoffrey!  It was a great time - made all the more fun as the Generals beat the Battalion 4-1.  
Interestingly - as we waited to meet Geoffrey after the game - I met Stan Cameron - The OHL Official Score Keeper, and Palgrave resident.  Stan is also the Public School Board Trustee for Caledon, and I had heard how good a trustee he is while I was at the December CCS Board Meeting.  It is a small, small world!

It is good to now be back on a regular Schedule - But with Fr. Damian off - I'll be celebrating all the masses this Sunday - and the Baptism's too.  Thankfully Deacon Robert is preaching - and he and his wife Gabrielle are taking me to dinner Saturday Evening.  Swiss Chalet - OK!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment