Sunday 3 December 2017

Busy Times!

It has been months since I have Posted on the Blog - and for that I appologize! The business of life is an excuse that many use for not being at church regularly - and I find myself wanting to offer the same excuse - but it is just that - an excuse. 

Since I last posted there have been some great events and developments in the parish and in my personal life...

At the end of the summer - Julia Coffa - our Youth Minister for almost 2 years returned to University. Her studies are in the field of linguistics.  Best wishes Julia!  

At the beginning of September Eric Luscombe joined our staff as our new Youth Minister. Eric has a degree from Western University in London, in Catholic Studies! (I realize I do not have a Picture of Eric! That will need to be rectified!!!)



At the End of September, St. Michael's Secondary School celebrated their feast day - and a New Stained Glass window was blessed. This window was donated throught he generosity of the Knights of Columbus!

In the beginning of November I travelled to Vancouver to be a part of the National Lturgy Conference. The Presentations at the Conference were by Fr. Michael McGourty, a Priest of the Archdiocese of Toronto, on the Rite of Dedication of a Church and Altar.  Since I had Dedicated St. Michael's Chapel last year, and attended the Re-Dedication of the Cathedral the same day, I found this topic Facinating. I attended the conference in my capacity as the Vice-Chair of the Ontario Liturgical Coference, of which I am a Member at Large. (I was re-elected to another 3 year term as the Vice Chair for the Conference.)

So there is an Advent Update! I will be more mindful of posting Blog updates now! 
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment